Oh, the excitement! I have some great news to share with you at the end of today's challenge post. I can hardly wait.
But before that, I feel I should apologize for the sporadic posting over the past weekend. I normally don't post on weekends anyway, but this time life just got in the way. I was playing a game of catch-up with my IG challenges, too.
I accepted a week-long challenge that I'll also start sharing with you today. The #BAWritersLife Challenge is hosted by @authorbethanyatazadeh on IG. If you don't follow her yet, you should definitely do so.
#WIPjoy Day 17 - What's the last thing your antagonist purchased?
#BAWritersLife: Day 1 - Introduction; Day 2 - My Writing Space
I decided to do a '10 Things About Me' introduction for this one. And the photo I posted is from a while back. I look like a young college student in most of the edits but I really liked creating them. It was fun. Just add a few wrinkles between my eyebrows and you'll have a pretty good idea of what I look like now. :D
1. My pseudonym is taken from names in my family - Robin McElveen.
2. I'm a stay-at-home mom of three (One's on his own and married now.) and a homeschool parent.
3. I started writing during Nanowrimo 2016. All my books take place in a fictional world, though each book is a stand-alone -- for now. My first novel is published on Wattpad. The second is a rough draft which I'm working on as I can. My third novel is currently my Camp Nano project.
4. I write in the fantasy genre (YA). I finally narrowed it down to that genre after a lot of personal debate.
5. I live in an area of Louisiana that's like a black hole, technologically speaking. It's beautiful otherwise, and offers great scope for the imagination. Our current weather conditions seem to be Winter Weekends and Spring Weekdays.
6. My favorite writing music is almost anything instrumental. I play the piano but I don't like listening to piano music while I write. Oh, and you can keep the saxophone to yourself unless it's jazz or big band we're listening to -- or The Choir. For some reason, the saxophone really works for them. XD
7. Some of my favorite bands: The 77's, The Choir, Project 86, Adam Again, Yes
8. Person I admire most: My maternal grandmother (though all four of my grandparents were pretty awesome people)
9. Pet peeves: Lying and empty music (by which I mean music with shallow or lame lyrics which teach nothing and encourage nothing but negative things)
10. I've been married to the same awesome man for 24 years. I have to thank @jdkittlesdigital for his love and support for every journey I've taken and for sticking with me, even when he wasn't sure about anything.
This is my little corner of the room, my work space. It's also in my favorite room in the house. The only thing I'd like to change is the lighting. I want to paint the walls. And I don't want to paint the walls. <sigh>
And Now The Exciting News!
Well, if you're reading here, you already know I was able to go premium and get my domain name. :) But I have another bit of good news, as well. I purchased my first set of ISBNs for Ripples yesterday. Yea!! I'm so happy to be taking steps forward, getting closer and closer to my goal of having my first book published. I just want so badly to do it the right way. My next hurdle is getting it edited but progress is progress. :)
On another note, I added a handy link in my sidebar that makes it easy to follow me on Wattpad. I keep my followers posted when I share new chapters and books so it's handy if you want to stay in the know. :)
Melody Kittles writes fantasy fiction under the name Robin McElveen. She loves God, her family, the arts, a warm cup of coffee or tea, visiting friends, and collecting coffee & Pusheen items.
MKRM Author Blog by Melody R Kittles is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Get your MKRMAuthor Swag at Zazzle now!
Take one of my quizzes on Quotev! Click the picture above.
Enjoying my blog posts? Want to keep up with what's new and get advance notice of things like quizzes and cover art reveals? Then sign up for my monthly newsletter. :)
© COPYRIGHT 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.